What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kingdom Investment

crzykate58

Heya!

Man it's been forever since i've popped in here ^_^ i made this bulletin insert recently for my church and i really liked the design. I saw something similar on the interwebz, but i made a few changes to make it my own :D admittedly i'm new at the whole "funky type" thing... but you gotta start somewhere right?!

Investing in God's Kingdom_Front (Bulletin Insert)_13.jpg

Tom Mann

Guru
Hey, long time no see ...

WRT your design, it's nice, it's fun, but I have to be honest and tell you that the first thing that came into my head when I saw it was, "OMG - it's an illustration of the ransom note effect!".

There has been lots written about this, so just Google or "Google Image" the phrase, or here's a good definition to start from:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ransom_note_effect

Best regards,

Tom

crzykate58

hahaha maybe the key here is less fonts then? ^_^ i don't think i really want to be compared to the san francisco font style lol

Tom Mann

Guru
The look really can be fun, especially if it is done intentionally, sparingly, and to the right audience. If you like it and the target audience liked it, you're golden - just beware that the potential for overuse exists (and has for a long time).

Cheers,

Tom