What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

landscape and portrait layout problem due to exif info

[svensven]

Hello all,

When i shoot " portrait " mode photos with my Nikon D70, PS shows them " upright", although the windows explorer shows them " landscape style ". I guess that PS reads te exif info from the jpg's, and uses this to show me the photos in a usable way. I want PS to show me the photos just like the windows explorer does, so i know wich one to " turn upright ".

How do i solve this little problem ?

tia
sven

Guys plz attach the Pic's,related to the requests you are posting here.
This is my suggestion caz picture speaks more than words. 8[

And proper Engilsh speaks better than text message abbreviations, and in this specific case, it`s the orientatin of the image that is the problem, not the image itself.
@svnesven ; Wish I could help, but I`ve not encountered the isssue.

docilebob said:
And proper Engilsh speaks better than text message abbreviations

Yes, MindBlasting please try not to use "chat language" on this board. We've people from all over the world visiting this forum and for some English is already hard as it is. Thanks for your understanding. :)

Ok thanks for your suggestions,one thing i want to suggest you guys,being senior members you pupil looking novoives as dumbs,so don't make funny about others.you can tell them in a rightfull manner.

anyway..........

MindBlasting said:
i want to suggest you guys,being senior members you pupil looking novoives as dumbs,so don't make funny about others.

Mmm? I don?t know how you got that idea. [confused] I know our members very well, some for many years, and none of them make fun of beginnners. It's your imagination. It's was actually me who suggested years ago to open a new forum called "New Users Area". If beginners wouldn't be welcome we wouldn't have a forum like that. :)

hello

Indeed, the problem lies within the ori?ntation of the picture.
I'v used ps from version 3.0 or something, and i never encountered this thing, until cs1 there was a function in bridge where i could "put all selected photos straight", in cs2 this function seems to have gone.

I use an action with a few 90? turns combined to solve this, but it feels like a rather long way around.

tia
sven

Back