What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Laser Engraving with PhotoShop

Shreck

Are there any members using a Laser system to Engrave images using PS?
I intend to use Photoshop as the main image processor, with a little help from Illustrator, Streamline and maybe Photograv.
There is not much information out there on using Photoshop(or any Adobe products) in Laser applications.
It seems most laser professionals are using Corel products, but they seem kind of lame to me.
Any suggestion on this subject are appreciated.
shreck

Try the Adobe user to user forum on their site Shreck,if anyone knows they will :)

I professionals (that is: people who make money with it) use Corel, then there must be a reason for that.
When you're a pro yourself with lot of experience, you can try a less throdden path. Have you ever asked a pro why (s)he uses Corel?

It might be that vector is cleaner for the cutting with the bezier curves etc,if thats so then AI or Xara would be ok as well I would think :)

Have you ever asked a pro why (s)he uses Corel?

I have asked Laser Manufacturers representatives(Universal and Epilog) and laser engravers why they would use Paint over Photoshop and the biggest reason is that they don't know how to use Photoshop. That should change in the future with the explosion in popularity of Photoshop. I know it will change with me.

Back