What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Layer problem

Andre64

When I open a file, a photo and want to work on it, like a gradient or removing the lock, the image goes away, and I only have a whiteboard. So I can do nothing to it, even if I use the magic eraser tool.
I can see the image without the lock in the Layers, Channels and Paths on the left-hand side, but I cannot do anything with it.Screenshot 2022-04-20 170425.jpg

thebestcpu

Guru
HI @Andre64
I have heard about a Layer being all white with Mac Monterey 23.3.0 (as in a bug)
If it goes away whne you change to 16 bit mode that would be a clue too
For that particular issue it is realteved to the Graphics Porcessor
You can try turning in off and see if it goes awasy.
Some turned graphics processor off and then on and it stayed fixed (not sure hwy)
Also, another person siad all they had to do was in the Grpahics Processing section under Preferences, turn off GPU compositing.

Not sure this is your issue yet thought it was owrht mentioning.
Here is the link to the posts where I read about this:
https://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/66085018

Fingers crossed that helps yet it could easily be something else too
John Wheeler

Andre64

Hi John

This thing has me by the shorting curlies, and nothing seems to work.
I changed 16-bit mode, and nothing changed. So I kept it in 16-bit mode and turned the GPU off with no difference. But then I read a bit more and saw the link you posted there. So I followed everything and saw the shared screen from Roy Sletcher JimH123, and it came all right. Wow, you guys rock! Thank you sooo much.
Regards
Andre
:inlove::rofl::giggle:

thebestcpu

Guru
@Andre64
One last comment on this thread. Apparently Photoshop version 23.3.1 has been quietly released, fixing the problem of GPU compatibility.
So, the fix should now be to update to where the bug is fixed.
John Wheeler