What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

layers box appearing

homerwhite

HI all, brief summary, I was a photographer ( since retired ) who took horseracing photos to make framed montages for winning owners. I have cs6 which I find fine for the work I do. Recently I began to get the layers blending box appearing every time I select a layer. I am sure I have pressed the wrong thing to create this but can't find the answer and hoping somebody can help.

Hello and welcome.

Recently I began to get the layers blending box appearing every time I select a layer.
What is a layers blending box? Or what is a layers box? What do you mean by selecting a layer? An existing layer or a new layer?

Are you referring to a layer mask? Like this?
Screen Shot 2020-01-22 at 7.31.32 PM.png

Or maybe blending options?
Screen Shot 2020-01-22 at 7.33.07 PM.png

Or Blending Modes?
Screen Shot 2020-01-22 at 7.34.23 PM.png

Please explain.

The details IamSam is requesting will really help get to root cause of your issue. I have seen various unexpected behaviors when clicking on something. This is often to the trackpad/mouseclock/tablet etc double clicking instead of a single click. I would check you selecting device for a problem. This could also come from a change in the settings of your selecting device (e.g. double click speed). Mine thoughts are a shot in the dark so if this does not sound like the problem, providing the details IamSam is requesting will be essential.

Back