What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

light and color

1/ start from a good photograph, or know at least how to crop one into striking publicity composition
2/ combine layers and be certain to use one with Median
3/ to put emphasis select the head part and make it redder
4/ burn out the white of her blouse to get an area without data that accentuates even more the head.

Otoh: I am not that impressed by this work. I probably don't see what you see. Please tell me, so perhaps we can come to better help/exchange.

Erik said:
Otoh: I am not that impressed by this work. I probably don't see what you see. Please tell me, so perhaps we can come to better help/exchange.
Exactly, I would like to know too what effect you exactly mean.
Btw, overexposed areas like in this image are things that photographers for example try to avoid, but if that's the effect you're going after in art, well have the freedom to do so of course. Just sharing my view on things. ;)

No problem, Raimis, and no intention to criticise your taste!

I hope Jennifer Connelly doesn't mind I use her exquisite face for this example (if the photographer or anyone minds, it'll be removed immediately: it is only displayed for educational purposes, and I have no glamour pics of my own):

First step: duplicate your pic on a new layer/
Then apply Noise>Median filter, set to some 2 to the top layer, and bring opacity down to some 50%
Third step: open curves and drag a tad in the centre
Finally Image>HueSaturation, choose Saturation and force up some 10%.

I used no lighting effects here. Only what I mentioned.
You may want to download my file, crop the top-left portrait and apply the filters as told. The results should be identical.

What do you mean by "light coming from the left?" I see no such lighting... must be the language differences.

Back