What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lighting-shadows on a face

Ctoonprty1

Hi all, this is my first post here!

Is there any other way other than painting manually, to apply the lighting/shadows from face A to face B? Doesn't need to be perfect/exact match. Thank you in advance!

A.png

Maybe something like this.

My way of working was not painting .
I copied the face of the reference man A to a new layer on the B Image, Multiplied.
With Warp I edited the head shape on this layer, so that the light yellow parts and the darker brown tones were roughly congruent with the original face.
Then I blurred, reduced the transparency and removed the excess parts of the image on the layer mask. Finally, I added a little noise.

Chris

A.png

Hi all, this is my first post here!

Is there any other way other than painting manually, to apply the lighting/shadows from face A to face B? Doesn't need to be perfect/exact match. Thank you in advance!
Selected B face to own layer
Made gradient using colors from A
Applied to selecton with blend mode softlight ( clipped )
Added levels adjustment layer set to multiply and adjust to your liking ( clipped )
Made group and masked eyes and mouth

Shadows_edit.png

Last edited:
I am not aware of the plugin/filter that will apply the exact shadow effect with one click.
My preference is curves adjustment layers and the included mask once the target face is on it's own layer and selected. Although it does involve painting in either black (to remove) or white (to add), it provides for much more control as to where and at what opacity you would prefer. Facial glare can be added to or removed with the clone tool to better match the example. Same with the coloring from his right side.

Shadows.jpg

Since the question was about, "another way without painting", I did not make a post on this matter earlier even though I worked on it the day you posted.

There really isn't another "simple or easy" way other than what @chrisdesign and @dannac mention above.

My solution was the same as @Babine's, what I used was the curves adjustment layers and their layer masks. Still had to paint with B&W on the layer masks. Then a layer of added shadowing.

Click to enlarge
FacialSadingColoring_01.png
Screen Shot 2024-05-20 at 1.21.31 PM.png

Back