What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lighting Styles

Quite a machine you have now! With that graphics card, you're ready for the future.:perfect:
Asus is one of the best, and, well, you can always add ram later on. Easy to do.

Quite impressive Bob but do understand that we want to see some PS stuff coming from that machine :D

thanks guys :)
Gaussian, thats why i'm hanging around you guys, so i can learn from the best :D

Hey what a coincidence Bob... i just upgraded myself this weekend.

We have similar choices too. :)
And like you, i was looking to the future with this choice of hardware.

With some guidance from a knowledgable buddy of mine (and by that i mean more so than i), I went with this stuff:

Gigabyte GA7 VAXP Mainboard (400mhz frontside bus)
512MB PC2700 DDR ram (333 mhz)
GeForce 4 Ti4200 128mb VTP
And i put my brother's AMD 1700+ into this too. I wanted a 2200+ like yours... but maybe a bit later on ($$$!!! [stuned] ). It was cheaper right now to just go with his chip, after he upgraded his own comp.

Cool! :perfect:

He, he, I went the other way... but this week-end, I kept my mobo K7PRO , processor 550Mhz Athlon, old sdram, and GeForce DDRDVI, but switched my Quantum Fireball KA (512k cache ;( ) to two Western Digital 400JB (8 Mega cache:D ) on a separate controller (to use the full speed of the cache, instead of the 66 of my inboard controller. Very fast, and much more silent, too!

I bought also a Intuos2 :perfect:

Ah, about the original problem, I found this thread :
http://www.adobeforums.com/cgi-bin/webx?128@188.Hbo7aqsxqY8.1195893@.1de66da6

huh? I don't get you, Gauss...
Maybe TheChef is bob? [confused]

Me too...I would like to upgrade. I asked Santaclaus a comp with a double Xeon of 2.8GHz each (going at hyperthreading), 2GHz Rambus, ATI Radeon 9700Pro video card, two HDD's and a 17inch flatscreen monitor.
It'll be probably the usual stuff: nothing.
I don't have a chimney...
But I keep trying.

sPECtre said:
huh? I don't get you, Gauss...
Maybe TheChef is bob?

Pierre, I meant the Intuos 2...if you get bored with it, sell it to me for 1/2 the price...seems reasonable or not? [innocent]

Back