What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lighting Techniques - My first atrempt..

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I agree, you did a good job with the composite. Any man who's not afraid of dying, usually ends up that way.

I'm not sure I see the sentiment between the well wishes of a happy new year and a Indian soldier.

Reactions: CL3

Zeealex

Retired Forum Moderator
the lighting's cool, but there's something about his arm... it bugs me. it's the photo though not you :p

ibclare

Queen Bee
So what do you mean about the arm Zee? Maybe because it is dark and high contrast that it looks twisted?

I think it's great chitkaran. No opinion about content, well except it made me laugh -- in a good way I think. Really well done and eye-catching.

Zeealex

Retired Forum Moderator
it looks dislocated to me, not sure if my eyes are playing tricks on me. but the way his sleeve is rolled makes it look like it's been bent backwards.

chitkaran

Guru
I agree with you Zee... After your comment - I showed it to a lot of my friends and they said the same thing - it looks twisted or something wrong... maybe because the way the sleeves have been rolled up..

Thanks for your comments mate, its the first time I have done something with custom lighting and didnt know how it was

@Clare: Thanks clare. I am glad I was able to pull it off without messing up...

Any tuts/videos you guys can suggest to further enhave custom lightings stuff... ?

CL3

Agree with the arm looking twisted because of the dark level of contrast and the happy new year has nothing to do with the image and looks out of place. (That would look nice on a new canvas with a different background as a piece of typography) but the lighting job itself is not bad for a first attempt and I like what you sod with the text.