What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

linking layers

limey

Power User
Not sure how to explain this but here goes.
I create a photo consisting of several layers and then I want to move the whole thing over to another photo.
There has to be a way to link the layers so that I don't have to move them over one by one and then have to try to reposition them again.
I don't want to flatten the layers as I want to be able to move them around if I need to later.
When I go to the link layers icon at the bottom of the palette it won't let me choose it.

In CS2 it works a little differently. Highlight the layers you wish to move by Shift Clicking on a range of contiguous layers or Command (Control) click on individual layers until all are selected. At that point you can Right Click and link them prior to dragging all the highlighted layers to the new image. You can also just drag them all at once and all the layers will keep their spatial relationships until you deselect them and start manipulating individual layers. In short linking isn't required for moving groups of layers, just highlighting.

Thanks ljiljana for your suggestion.
Thanks Welles, I guess I should have thought of that but I was expecting something more complicated.
I appreciate both of your prompt responses.

Back