What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Liquify tool in other software?

mrwriter

Can anybody tell me if they know of any other software, apart from Photoshop, that has a 'Liquify' tool that works in a similar way to Photoshop?

puraidodes

If I remember correctly I think Gimp kinda has one . But, I do not know how powerful it is when compared to PS's Liquify. Maybe you can check that out.

mrwriter

I'll check Gimp. I tried Pixelmator Pro, which has one. But, unlike the Photoshop one, Pixelmator Pro blurs anything you try and move while Photoshop keeps it sharp.

[ iLLuSioN ]

Power User
You should also take a closer look at "Affinity Photo" - one of the best PS alternatives on the market.

mrwriter

Hi iLLuSioN, I have Affinity, it's good, but does not have a Liquify tool. Also, off topic, I noticed AP makes images really soft compared to Capture One Pro. It's like instead of adding a little sharpening, it adds blur.

mrwriter

Just realised that Photoshop Elements has the Liquify Tool and you can just buy that outright with no subscription model, right? Anybody know if Elements 2021 works natively on latest Mac M1 chipped computers?

mrwriter

Forget Elements, you have to sign in to an Adobe account and mess about to use it, too damn complicated.

mrwriter

iLLuSioN, thanks for YouTube link, just updated to latest Affinity and tried it, works well on first go. Thanks again.

MentosCubing

Power User
Just a note: that video was uploaded before the 1.9 update of Affinity Photo. It is now available as a non-destructive Live Filter :D