What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Liz Stern !

JgraphNet

Power User
"Presenting the next PG forum Moderator" ... naaahh... or - "Had a sneak-peek in Lizardboy's family photo album" ... c'mon... get real !! ....

A piece I did just for the he** of doing it ! Couldn't resist having a go at the original image:

liz_orig.jpg

... and have it look like this instead:

liz.jpg

Original image: Iconogenic ( Katja Govorushchenko [de Bruijn] )
Aditional Stock Images: StockXchng & Renderosity - Outer Rim
Brushes: ... ahmm.... *God... now you're asking again ... *
Retouch, montage and artwork: JgraphNet/dkj.

Comments and critique is very welcome.
Please respect copyright.

it reminds me of the character in xmen but yellow instead of blue very good

Oh my god, your amazing - that's the level i want and need to be at my friend, Great work.

Amazing work! Love it! :yourock:
CINDY !!! So you finally joined !! Oh boy am I glad to see you around here. Hugs !!!! :wave:

Terrible sorry 'bout the "Newbie" tag on your presentation avatar. On you that's more of an "insult" but they don't know better ... yet... :)

Allright people - listen up !
This is really good news. Cindy is an amazing Digital Artist from Sweden and I won't spend a lot of words about it.
Go see her websites - Art Design Cindy Grundsten and Cindy's Digital Fantasy Art - and her work will speak for itself. Be prepared to be amazed and stunned...
Cindy has also been featured in magazines such as Advanced Photoshop among others.

I hope you will like it here, Cindy, and post some of your upcoming pieces. Also, I think you should do a presentation post so that people here get to know you. You will be raised to the heavens... where your artwork belongs !!

$1r_M4x1mu$: Thank you very much for the Like !! :)

Hoogleman: >it reminds me of the character in xmen.. <
I know who you mean and I didn't think of that until you mentioned it..

Belial: Thank you very much ! Just keep going at it and eventually you get there.

Thank you for the link to Cindy's site, and you are correct, shes amazingly talented.

Thank you my friend! JgraphNet That was very kind words about my work. But it will take long before I can compare my work with yours.
Oh c'mon, Cindy! You know very well it's the other way around. I got a different style but I will hopelesly be stuck in the backwaters of you.

>And you also know I´m not so good in english, but I will do my best
Just give me a shout and I will help you out whenever you need it. :)

Just how do you guys make the images look so realistic, even some of the fantasy ones look real, amazing stuff guys.

Great work JG.... Lizad fell in love..... lol...

Liz Stern.... the name rang a bell..... welcome to this little community. Tho your tag shouldn't be that, just don't mind it..... :cheesygrin:

>Just how do you guys make the images look so realistic, even some of the fantasy ones look real, amazing stuff guys.

Speaking for myself I started using Photoshop in it's version 4, "waaayyyy back" in 1996 and somewhere along the line decided I wanted to really learn what I could do with it. So there's tons of books, instructional DVD's, tutorials and trials-and-errors in the history.

When it comes to Cindy her development is simply amazing. I've had the privilege to follow her from the very first images she did in Photoshop Elements in around 2007 and from there her skills simply sky rocketed in a stunning manner - producing one jawdropping image after another in a pace that could have killed the more faint of heart.

I would say it's all about keep pushing your own (and Photoshop's) limits, finding out what you can do and what you can't do, lots of experimenting with tools, refining masking techniques, envision what you want to acheive and keep on going at it.
It's an ever learning process you're in for...

Last edited:
Great work JG.... Lizad fell in love..... lol...
Hehe... "Down, Lizad!! Baaaaad Lizad... Down boy!" :)

Actually, I expected that... kind of ...
Truth is, I made a variant of this image a couple of years ago - but failed miserably.... and burried it.... but now, when you became Mod and all, I just had to give it another go.

Oh - and thank you for the Like !!

Last edited:
nice pic how did you do those yellow things?

nice pic how did you do those yellow things?
Thanks Burned Ice !

I take it you mean the lizard skin.
Well - I got the Lizadboy (dv8_fx) monumentally drunk and when he passed out I plucked the scales off of him ... :)

Not really, no ... Found some images of lizard skin over at Stock.XCHNG and one of them suited well, so I've used a large chunk of it over and over again, shaped the overlays with Warp Tool, used Blend Modes, Dodge and Burn in Soft Light and Color Adjustment and Luminance Adjustment for speculars with Curves.
And tons of Layer Masks... and tweeked and tweeked and tweeked myself silly ... :)

you did a long time to do this i see :) the result looks worth the time

Back