What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Logo for breast cancer fundraiser

Status
Not open for further replies.

clarksbar

So, I come to find out that a close friend of mine was diagnosed with stage 3 breast cancer. I want to get my car club involved in awareness and with helping. We have done fund raisers in the past for the Susan G. Komen Foundation, so this is not new to me. I created a quick and easy logo several years ago that was used on a flyer to promote the past event. I want to take that to the next level. I want a logo that incorporates the ribbon, my web site and the catch phrase “Driven to find the Cure”

I made one a few years ago in paint shop pro that never went anywhere. I used the "catholic school girl" font and the "o" in Metro was the ribbon. Then simple "got milk" (no pun intended... and kinda odd now that I think of it) "Driven to Find a Cure" was centered under it.

md-ribbon.jpg

Logo 1:
Just use the domain address. "MetroDubs" not "www" or "com"
I want "Driven to find the Cure" on the logo as well. Possibly under the “MetroDubs”

Logo 2: (the ribbon)
I want a special pink ribbon; make the ribbon POP or special and stands out.
- 3D or highlighted to show depth.
I would also like the ribbon to be intertwined with logo1.

These logos will be used for web banner, tee and sweat shirts and stickers. Please keep to 3 colors, 4 maximum for the shirts. I am working with a local screen printer to get charity prices for the products. I will then be selling the items to the public and my car club. After the cost of the logos are covered along with the cost of the shirts, stickers, and printing; 100% of the proceeds will be donated to the Susan G. Komen Foundation in my friend’s name.

I will want for web banner, stickers and shirt screening.

I am willing to pay around $35 for this project. But open to discussion/negotiation.

Hi clarksbar,

I played around with your ideas and here's my first attempt. If you like where it's heading, PM me and you can give me more direction. To send a private message, click on the avatar and you'll see the option. I hope you like it!

Attachments

• Metro_Dubs.jpg
    Metro_Dubs.jpg
    372.7 KB · Views: 11
I don't do this type of thing really but the cause made me try atleast.

Attachments

• metrodubs.jpg
    metrodubs.jpg
    148.9 KB · Views: 9
small change. I moved the heart "o" so it's in line better with the type:

Attachments

• metro_dubs_logo_wtBG.jpg
    metro_dubs_logo_wtBG.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 78
I'll play...........MetroDubs.gif

I do like where this is going.
@Paul: I like the plaque style you created. possible different fonts and have the catch phrase stretched to the width of the web address.
@Clare: I like the ribbon. it has a soft feel.

I know i asked for "POP" lol. but considering these will also be screened to clothing, they really need to be 3-4 colors (max). each color is a different screen and screens cost on average, about $25 each.

I did a google search for "breast cancer awareness" I came across these several logos that i like. I think i like the circle look with the ribbon in the middle. I am okay with "MetroDubs" and "Driven to Find a Cure" centered across the ribbon (image 1) but i would also like to see it arc aligned to the circle (image 2). I also like the look of a "hand written" or less formal style of ribbon. (image 3) I am not asking to copy these logos, but just use them for inspiration or ideas!!!

Image 1:
breast_cancer_awareness.jpg

Image 2:
PinkAwarelogo.jpg

Image 3:
Breast-Cancer-Awareness-Ribbon-Pink1.jpg
Breast-Cancer-Awareness-Ribbon-Pink-no-background.jpg

okay another idea...

the round pink circle (image 2 from above)

merge that with a logo that was made in the past. But tweak things..

see attached.

the designer is no longer employed with the company he was when he designed this logo. I have lost all information of it. but basically, it is the VW wheel named "snowflake".

remove all the text, the tire treads and wrenches.
use just the wheel..
add a ribbon to the center of the wheel..
In the spoked area of the wheel, put "MetroDubs" across the top and "Driven to Find the Cure" across the bottom.

the edge of the wheel should be the limits of this logo.

logo1.jpg

this wheel:
product_detailed_image_6514_6865.jpg
logo1.jpg

Hi clarksbar. Here's one -- with slight variations -- that I made using the wheel you like. What do you think?

Thanks a lot, Clare

Attachments

• metrodubsWHL_logo_2.jpg
    metrodubsWHL_logo_2.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 8
  • metrodubsWHL_logo_3.jpg
    metrodubsWHL_logo_3.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 9
Last edited:
One more submission. I suspect you're looking for something more urban funky, and I consider it relaxing to play around with different ideas in Photoshop, but my eyes are crossing after a day at work, lol.

I did n't realize that I posted such huge jpegs, so this one I downsized:

Attachments

• Metro_Dubs_Simple_3.jpg
    Metro_Dubs_Simple_3.jpg
    505.8 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
I'll definitely take a closer look at these once the attachments are approved and I can actually see them

Sent from my brain using Tapatalk

Clark (OK if I call you that? :D ),

If you still like this general idea of the wheel, how about a steering wheel? It would be a simpler design and not compete as much with the message. That concept is why I made the wheel lighter, no blacks.

But now I have edited some of those and put the black back in, :D.

Last edited:
One more submission. I suspect you're looking for something more urban funky, and I consider it relaxing to play around with different ideas in Photoshop, but my eyes are crossing after a day at work, lol.

I did n't realize that I posted such huge jpegs, so this one I downsized:

Love it few comments. I'll pm you tomorrow (Sunday) with them

Sent from my brain using Tapatalk

All works offered need to be watermarked for board usage, sometimes we forget to add said watermarks so admin check all entries first, it saves us all from any wrong doings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back