What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Illustrator Logo formats

redmode

Hi,

I'm looking to get a logo made for my company, but I have no clue which formats are most commonly used. Isn't there some formats who allow upscaling and downscaling without changing the pixel resolution?

Thanx!
Alex

Hi,

I have worked on alit of Logo's, The format that you will need so that you can upscale as much as you want is what we call VECTOR format. when you have the logo designed you should request the .ai file (Illustrator file) and a high resolution PNG file, and a high resolution JPEG. But as long as you use a good designer then you should be able to request any other formats you may require at later date's, as I and most others keep all logo's designed on backup.

Hope this helps and if you need any more info then give me a shout!

many thanks chris

The format most want is tiff, which is high resolution and also has the ability to have the background made transparent, so that the logo itself pops off the page.
reggy

The format most want is tiff, which is high resolution and also has the ability to have the background made transparent, so that the logo itself pops off the page.
reggy
i would have to disagree here.
always look for .eps format for that is the cross platform vector format that could be easily read in various vector and raster programs

Back