What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Logos I made

pauloalex_98

Power User
I designed these logos from scratch (they are 100% original) and somehow they were rejected from a website I was working in. I don't believe these logos are bad at all and I have no idea how they got rejected.
Let me know below what you think. I don't think they're bad at all. They were for a thrift shop.

show1.jpg

show.jpg

jkemp

Looks rather good to me... From a pure "design" standpoint, I'd say the font you used make the "&" a bit hard to read/understand.

But that's not a big deal... The logos are good and professional lookin'.

That being said, it doesn't mean it meets your clients needs. Logos are incredibly important. Branding is pretty much everything when you're trying to sell something, so you shouldn't be surprised if something you like and are proud of isn't exactly what the client was hoping for. Were those the only options you presented ? Did the client mention anything at all when they rejected it ?

pauloalex_98

Power User
The client didn't mention anything at all and I was confused because the logos are 100% original and are very good looking. But hey, I gotta respect the client. Those weren't the only options I presented, I also made mockups for the logo. But in the website I usually work in if they reject it they don't need to give a reason, which is wrong. I think they should.

Last edited:

Argos

Guru
Maybe it's because I'm bored of seeing them (watermarks) XD... but the first logo which is the one I like the most... the lines on the arrow look to me like a watermark.

I forgot to say that the logo business its an extremely competitive one... it's not a matter if they are good or not.... the usual problem its if the ones the competition delivers were better or just the client like it more... logo business in that type of webs you have to understand most of the time you will get rejected...

CHeers!

Last edited:

jkemp

The client didn't mention anything at all and I was confused because the logos are 100% original and are very good looking.

Good looking for you doesn't mean it's good looking for them. Moreover, it's usually not their primary concern.

I (mainly) work in the advertising business... High end creative retouching / compositing. You wouldn't believe how many times the whole creative team (me, the photographer, the artistic directors and creative director) gets pushed to the side by the marketing people. We are responsible of making it "good looking", but the clients don't care that much... To them, it needs to sell. That's it. "I don't care how it looks, I want people to buy my stuff ! So shut up with your realism concerns, and make the damn product three times bigger..."

I've worked on countless projects where I was really happy with the result at first, and then was asked to change so many things by the client that we ended up with a really expensive piece of crap. 🤣 .

Used to get pissed about those... now I don't really care anymore.

jkemp

It is a contest that has 297 entries right now and more than 150 are rejected. The clients on that website are really insane.

Put yourself in the client shoes.... The way I understand it, he has received hundreds of propositions... Of course he's gonna turn most of them down...

Don't feel upset about the rejection. You did a great job (really), and even if the client's not using it, you've got one more logo for your own portfolio. With time, you'll have enough very nice stuff to show to get your own clients, convince them that your pretty good at that, and work all the way through with them to make them satisfied customers.

pauloalex_98

Power User
Put yourself in the client shoes.... The way I understand it, he has received hundreds of propositions... Of course he's gonna turn most of them down...

Don't feel upset about the rejection. You did a great job (really), and even if the client's not using it, you've got one more logo for your own portfolio. With time, you'll have enough very nice stuff to show to get your own clients, convince them that your pretty good at that, and work all the way through with them to make them satisfied customers.
Thanks for the compliment and the opinion. I'm gonna try to sell my unused logos as logo templates or stock logos.