What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looking for a new GPU 2 use with CS5 and Pinnacle Studio 15

bozojim

OOOPS! I accidently posted this in another forum, THIS is the one I wanted. sorry for double-posting.

Hi,

Well,
for starters, I'm trying to figure out what's causing my "Ghosting","Not Responding", and the continuous timer spinning. Many views arecoming in that it could be my power supply, my 8600GT, or MSI motherboard. (All about 5 years old) I've checked both the motherboard and the GPU and didnot see any bad caps, or anything suspicious.

First off, I am NOT a gamer, just someone who enjoys using Photoshop CS5 andalso Video editing using Pinnacle Studio 15 program, but no matter if I'musing these programs or not, Online or not, I keep getting the hanging, ghosting and Notresponding messages.

I'm in here today, to ask what is the mostly used GPU, to handle CS5 and Photoediting.

Nvidia told me the PNY Quadro 600 ($150.00) would be a good entry level GPU forusing STUDIO and PHOTOSHOP. Of course, I can not afford the $400.00+ for theQuadro 2000, and I do not use CAD, or any 3-D rendering, just maybe theIllustrator, in addition to CS5.

I don't know what to look for in a card compared to my 8600GT. I also don'tknow if waiting to rebuild my newer system is a better idea, than to plop down$$$ now, only to have to upgrade the GPU at that time.

The Nvidia PNY Quadro 600 is NOT a gaming card, and I'm Not a gamer, but maybegetting a new card will fix these issues. For me, the $150.00 price is doable,but is it the right one for me for what I do?

Maybe my paging files, my preferences, or allowable onboard memory to throw into CS5 when working, is not suffientto have CS5 and Studio run smoothly. Well, Thanks for any help!

Windows7 PRO 64 (SP1)
8GB DDR2 PC6400 / 800Hz
MSI PLATINUM P-35 (MS-7345)
700w Thermaltake Toughpower PSU
Nvidia GeForce 8600GT Pci-e GPU 512MB
Installed Physical memory - 8GB DDR2
Available Physical memory - 6.12GB
DirectX 11
Photoshop CS5
Pinnacle Studio 15 Ultimate

Last edited:
I am using a Gigabyte HD6850 . Never had any issues. Its about 150-180USD in my country

However, you didnt post your CPU and HDD details. Loading and processing issues are very much up to the CPU and HDD speed and the condition (fragmentation, amount of empty space etc.) of your HDD too, not just your GPU.

Actually your speed in any graphic processing is measured by the combined results of:

CPU speed+Memory (amount and speed)+GPU (memory size +speed+memory bus (I would suggest 256bit always))+HDD (speed and empty space for OS to use)

Your memory size should be ok, I got 8GB too, tho DDR3 at 1333.

doesn't matter if you're a gamer or not, I will recommend a 5xxx series (minimum) from ATI Radeon, I'm a moderate gamer myself and I'm using Radeon 5770 HD @ 1 GB GDDR5

Back