What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looking for specific action

ndonaldson45

I've seen this type of edit around a few different places, and given the extreme similarities between the different sources, it leads me to believe that this is an action or specific tutorial of some sort.

Does anyone know where to find this?
I know there are plenty of watercolor actions/tutorials out there, but looking for this exact one.

Thank you

Screen Shot 2021-06-03 at 4.55.03 PM.png

ndonaldson45

Thanks. I've already done quite a bit of searching on google and a few different photoshop action providing sites (envato, graphic river, creative market, etc). I haven't found it. I was hoping to find someone in here who may have run across this before since I can't seem to find it anywhere.

Or if not an action, I've been searching awhile for that drip brush as well.

Last edited:

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Where did you find the sample image you have posted?

Unless you actually find the original tutorial of the image you posted, they could have used a common action that you have passed over since it may appear different depending on the starting image. There are entirely far too many variables here to consider.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Nevermind..........I found the guy: tanseldiplikaya

Have you contacted this artist and asked how he's creating his images?

ndonaldson45

I did. He gave me a website where I could buy watercolor brushes to create watercolor art.
However I've seen these photos on etsy as well from different artist/sellers. I've also seen a few other accounts post this type of edit in photoshop editing groups.
I know its photoshop for sure and they all seem so similar to not stem from a similar source which I can't find. And apparently the artists don't want to share the specific action/brushes, which I don't totally blame them since they're all doing it commercially.
But I'm also interested in the drip brush. I can come close to replicating the style myself, but haven't found the similar drip brush and I really like this specific one.

Screen Shot 2021-06-03 at 5.27.50 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-06-03 at 5.27.37 PM.png

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I agree this is an action. Let me look around to see what I can find.

JeffK

Guru
Don't know if it's a single action - possibly a watercolor action plus drip brushes.
Maybe these will help:

- Jeff

ndonaldson45

Thanks for the info! I've looked at almost all of those 'best watercolor action' articles as well as all of the major action sites. I've also looked high and low on the drip brushes but I can't seem to find that either.
I've seen at least 6 different sources that use the exact watercolor style with the same exact drip brush (it's pretty unique), so it leads me to believe there is some similar source between them (whether it's an action + brush and it came from a tutorial or it's all one action)

Since I've exhausted all searching options I figured I'd ask in a forum of photoshop experts in case anyone has run across it themselves :)

JeffK

Guru
Since I've exhausted all searching options I figured I'd ask in a forum of photoshop experts in case anyone has run across it themselves :)

If a "one button" solution isn't found, would you consider adding onto or editing an existing action?

ndonaldson45

Absolutely! I've actually even come close to sort of recreating using masks/watercolor brushes, but it's just the combo of the kind of vintage look/specific swish brush, and drip brushes that makes me love this one. i have a ton of watercolor actions...just not quite there on this specific combo. Also, that drip brush isn't anywhere that I can find, and the other ones i've seen aren't my favorite

The adobe free watercolor action seems like it's been the closest kind of match that I could find, but it's definitely still missing a few of the key components.

Once I figure out how to make it once i could probably even make my own action for future projects. Just before I tackled the manual piece, I figured there were enough specifics in each of the common photos i've found to lead me to believe there's something out there that's already done.

JeffK

Guru
I've not really used actions much - but this Adobe watercolor set looks intriguing. Thanks for the lead-in!
Would love to see how your final works out - best of success in the search and development!
- Jeff

ndonaldson45

you're very welcome and thank you!
Actions are pretty fun, a lot of them are customizable and i've found that they help me learn new techniques I hadn't thought of before.
Thanks again, and have fun!

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Well after hours of searching.................I have yet to find a specific action with the same outcome properties of your sample photos. I found several persons using the action, and looked for specific features of the action................but I have not found the exact one you're looking for...............and I have looked a several thousand free and paid Ps actions!!

The action has very specific characteristics in the dry brush strokes and the drips.
Screen Shot 2021-06-05 at 8.35.24 AM.png Screen Shot 2021-06-05 at 8.35.34 AM.png Screen Shot 2021-06-05 at 8.36.08 AM.png Screen Shot 2021-06-05 at 8.36.45 AM.png
Screen Shot 2021-06-05 at 8.37.04 AM.png Screen Shot 2021-06-05 at 8.37.15 AM.png Screen Shot 2021-06-05 at 8.37.33 AM.png Screen Shot 2021-06-05 at 8.38.53 AM.png

ndonaldson45

Right?? It is literally driving me crazy. I appreciate all your help in researching this for me..I feel like it is now my life's mission to find it haha :)
I will keep looking and asking and I will definitely update this thread if I ever find it :)

I think I found the drip brushes. They are free to download. They worked properly in Photoshop. But no action to go with them.
But it's worth trying them out.

Last edited:

ndonaldson45

It's certainly closer than i've been able to find. Thank you very much! I appreciate all your help with this.

JeffK

Guru
I think I found the drip brushes. They are free to download. They worked properly in Photoshop. But no action to go with them.
But it's worth trying them out.
Awesome find, Chris. Been looking for some decent drip brushes myself.
Thanks for the share! :thumbsup:
- Jeff