What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lost Default Color

Gwg

New member and not sure where else to go with this. Have worked within Photoshop for about a year now and just recently lost dynamic colors in the color Library. Example: no longer can get cherry red. My Illustrator still shows this bright color, web based images show this red, so it's not the monitor. My RGB 255 red, 0 green and 0 black comes out orange. I'm stuck. Please help.

make sure the color profile you're using in PS is the same one you're using in the other apps. They should all be the same as your monitor settings. Be sure too that the color space is rgb and not some other like cmyk or lab. Look at the dialog when you open a new document. It will also tell you in the top of your active window what color space you're in. Other than that, I don't know what PS could be doing to change the way it displays color swatches.

I finally get my red back, thanks. In color settings applied Monitor RGB - A90f+, ok, then assigned working RGB - A90f+ and I have RED!
Thank you but still don't understand how and why I lost it in the first place.

Back