What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lots of old fashioned fonts here

Sean

Guru
Great vid and neat fonts. Thanks.

Welles

Guru
Great font stash and a fun little video intro, too, Doc. For a nifty selection of Victorian and Circus fonts, look on eBay for Dover 'books' of fonts. They usually go for about $10 and have great collections of fonts. The 'books' merely are hard copy prints of the fonts themselves which are provided on CDs.

Tanya

Nice fonts there, Doc!

just as a FYI:
I went to the site but could not find out if they were true-type or Postscript or Open type. Given that they were free I assumed truetype - good for general but not for print publishing. I downloaded one and found it to be truetype.

The fonts are also only regular and have no bold or italics to them unless one's word processor is using them.
Tanya

Doc

Thanks for the comments all...

I found the old fashioned font site while attempting to help a fellow member of a video editing message board I visit. They wanted a 'silent movie' style text background for a home movie they were doing. I created a blank background and used the davys wingding fonts for the borders. The fonts work well for adding text within my video editor at any rate. I also shared a 'movie projector' audio clip, a leader 'countdown' video clip plus a few midi files I converted to wav audio for a 'silent movie' theme. Those are the items I put together in the sample video above using Vegas 6 to edit and add the 'old film' look.

Know where I can locate additional old fashioned borders that I can use for a background in this way?

Welles

Guru
Hey Doc,

Go to FontFreak ( http://www.fontfreak.com/index2.htm ) and check out the Dingbat collection. Specifically look at...

Border Corners 1
Border Corners 2
Chay's Frames
Celtic Frames
DecoBorders
Edgers
Fleurons
Florals 2
Ornamenter 4 (actually all the Ornamenter series)
Seperates

Doc

Wow...thanks so much Welles...for not only the web link, but for taking the time to point out the dingbat fonts I had in mind. 8))

(I also grabbed 'vintage') :perfect:

Welles

Guru
Doc said:
Wow...thanks so much Welles...for not only the web link, but for taking the time to point out the dingbat fonts I had in mind.? 8))

(I also grabbed 'vintage') :perfect:

You're welcome, Doc. I used to be a fontaholic but hadn't looked through a dingbat stash in years so while I was there, I grabbed a few myself! ;)