What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mac OS 9 Photoshop jpeg or tif to PC Photoshop to Word

Tanya

I made a logo on the MAC Photoshop and sent it to the PC Photoshop program in our office. It opens in Photoshop on the PC just fine. However, when ever I try to send a file originally made on the Mac and use it in the PC to email or to insert in a Word doc - the tiff or jpeg's can't be "seen". Instead we just see a small red 'x'.

Anyone have advice so that I can use a made in Mac graphic to be seen in a PC environment that can be seen in Photoshop but in nothing else?? 8}

Tanya

Check that you have the proper file extension added.
Not sure if Word needs the PSD composite to make it visible.
More in PM. Al

With Al's suggestion, I solved the problem. So.. in case anyone runs into this:

Morning/Afternoon, Al: Thanks for answering. The PC pref match my Mac pref. which match to your suggestions in PM, however..

"Not sure if Word needs the PSD composite to make it visible. "
..... I transferred over a jpeg and tiff over, but never thought to bring over the original PSD one and convert it to tiff/jpeg on the PC Photopshop. (Both are version 7.) So, I did.. and presto. The PC Photoshop then converted the file into the PC version for tif and jpeg and the other programs can see it!

I owe ya a Black n Tan, Al!!

Tanya

Options to save TIF files differ slightly, MAC or PC byte order.
Choose wisely Grasshopper.

I'll have the Black stuff, hold the Tan, Tanya. :D

Cheers Al.

Back