What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mac users in for a bargain

Hoogle

Guru
Ok we all love Topaz but the original idea came from a plugin called lucisart for years this plugin has not really been available to the average user as the cost of it was so high and only really aimed at professionals at several hundred dollars.

Ok Topaz in my opinion and what I have seen seems to do the same thing and has greater control with adjust 5 so possibly even greater than lucis.

However they have a sale on for windows versions it is $279
But they have a fantastic deal on the Mac 32 bit version for only $20 yes that is not a typo it is on offer for $20 I dont know why there is such a great price difference in the sale (lets face it we rarely see windows based machines more expensive than apple apart from microsoft office vs osx).

I honestly would recomend topaz over this due to the fact it offers so much more but if it is only $20 what have you got to loose.

Check it out here I would be interested in seeing a before and after picture using it and then compared to a topaz version so if you have it please do post some results.

Image Content Technologies - Lucis Image Enhancement Software

oops I stand corrected the reason why as quoted by there website lol

Deal of the century! The 32-bit Macintosh LucisArt 3 ED/SE software is now available for only $20. Why? Because this is 32-bit software so you have the inconvenience of running Photoshop CS5 in 32-bit mode, which involves restarting Photoshop. If you are using Photoshop CS3 or CS4 there is no inconvenience.

Well from what I can work out the normal price of this plugin is about equivalent to every topaz plugin so I would rather get the topaz suite if I was looking to get a new plugin range. But I already have that and cant see what I would benefit from getting from this. Maybe apart from the fact it is a lot simpler to use you click a radious of 1 - 5 and then adjust a slider but I think I prefer the extra control topaz gives. But yeah if i had the option of getting it for $20 I would definatel give it a go.

It was this plugin that made me get topaz and made me find topaz when I was looking up on it in depth but originally this was like some military top guarded software adn the only way you could use it was if you had a special USB thumb drive plugged in which could get annoying I imagine. but then I think that is the way all major software will go it has proven to work and stopped all piracy, but there latest version does not have this feature so it seems. And this is probably the real reason they are selling it so cheap.

Back