What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Make multiple exposure stacked image on computer?

MixPix

Is it possible to create an image from a selection of stacked superimposed jpegs or raw files on computer as you would in camera? I occasionally use the multiple exposure and ICM options simultaneously on camera but need to try with a selection of saved images to achieve same if possible in Photoshop or Bridge. I would like to use different images to achieve the result I want. I am not referring to layer masking where you can include a solid background image, but superimposing and blending all layers yet keeping the image semi transparent.

Yes, it is possible. The specifics may depend on the types of images you have.
The most common approach I have seen is to stack the images using the Screen Blend mode and adjust the impact of the various layers by adjusting the opacity slider.
I bet there are other ways, yet I thought it was worth a quick mention.
Hope that helps
John Wheeler

Back