What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Specific Make my dogs tail longer?

No easy task to find a bulldog that didn't have its tail docked just to get an idea of length.
But did find one on the hunt so here ya go!

bulldog edted.jpg

@JeffK,
That's pretty good considering the lack of resources...but you kind of gave up on it didn't you?

I've seen what you can do and I'm surprised you didn't finish this off....what did you miss?...Shading!

It just looks flat, really good, but flat...no definition...it just kind of blends in....you know?

If you compare it to the original you'll see that the, (what there is of it), tail is really dark underneath, with the sun on the top it's exagerated but this is totally missing from your edit.

There's an old saying: 'Why spoil the ship for an ha'peth of tar?'...I think that's what I'm trying to say here.

Regards.
MrToM.

Okay, okay - I was trying the reverse and lighten up the top of the tail but too subtle of a move. As the poet said:
"The best-laid schemes o’ mice an ‘men / Gang aft agley"
Cheers!

bulldog edted REV.jpg

Now that's a tail.

I knew you had it in you.

Regards.
MrToM.

My friend takes a million photos of her dog and she's always asking me to edit out the leash and harness. So I figured the OP might secretly want that, as well.
This is Jeff's edit of the tail, but without the leash.

bulldog (JeffK).jpg

The perfect shot to try out the new PS Beta version and what it has to offer. As for the tail, a guess with the help of Google.
Waaay more than yu were probably looking for but a good looking friend ... thanks for posting.

Bull.jpg

Back