What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Making a (gigantic) tear/drop, 3D-look...

Beautiful :)

How was it made?

Okay people! Some progress... (= new link :))

http://home.no.net/nobu/totaldzgn.html

Tell me what you think of this user interface, would you?

Suggestions for anything else, instead of the circles there?

awesome nobu! i especially like the barcode you got there :perfect: if you want to try new thing i would suggect rectangles but with cut off corners so its a fusion of a rectangle and an oval rather than the circles but what you have looks awesome :D personally i wouldnt change it ;)

Looks great, your progresing well.

I have one question though. The barcode things at the bottom look like a grunge style. But, the tear drop and Navbar look like more of a slick design. Are you going for one design or are you mixing them together? The only reason I birn this up is beacuse "if" you are going for the grunge look, then I think the site looks to light, with a white background. But if you aren't then I wouldn't change a thing.

Sanby

nobu I will find the script for you and email it to you (no link to it sorry it is just code), I had a look at the page - my monitor is set to 1024x768 and I still have to scroll left to right, not by much ...... before I start scrolling over to the right I can see up to half of the 3. make sure your margins are set to 0........ are you using the 1024x768 size?

anyway email me sfm@petos.com.au for the script (this will also remind me he he he) and I will find it and send it, I am currently doing the same type of thing myself where I have to make one set of pages in 800x600 and another set of pages in 1024x768 each page has to be saved as 800x600index.html and 1024x768index.html etc sure you get the idea, I wish there was an easier way but this is the only known way by me thanks to Linda and her help ;)
sfm

Sanby said:
Looks great, your progresing well.

I have one question though. The barcode things at the bottom look like a grunge style. But, the tear drop and Navbar look like more of a slick design. Are you going for one design or are you mixing them together? The only reason I birn this up is beacuse "if" you are going for the grunge look, then I think the site looks to light, with a white background. But if you aren't then I wouldn't change a thing.

Sanby

The barcode-font I'm using, is just a temp font, which goes for the text itself as well - temporary. It'll look smooth and sweet, in the end. Hopefully. :)

I chose that font 'cause it looks kinda raw.. kinda.. fresh and un-smoothened. Which to me symbolises the development of the site, getting smoother as we go along ;)

Well, I'm going to bed now. Been sitting in front of my PC all day now, just working with the site. 2 Am. Gotta get up at 7. *sigh*

Oh, and before I forget... just finished this - the menu with rollovers:

http://home.no.net/nobu/test/index.php

Wow, great job. I really like that. Keep up the awesome work. :perfect: :perfect:

Sanby

cool your doing well and I don't have to scroll any more yippee :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
sfm

Hehe, that's good ;)

Having some problems slicing up the pic and making a frameset for this whole thing now, though..

After a seeing alot of freaky things, I've decided that I want to make an index page, which detects resolution and opens a new windows without toolsbars etc etc, just a clean window, with the page for that resolution. I'll make the windows approx 70 pixels smaller each way, so that there'll be enough space on the monitor, even if you have your taskbar placed vertically or have something else there, and so on.

However, does anyone have a script that closes the page/window which is going to open/pop up the site..?

Thanks sfm :) You're good help.

I'll check it thoroughly tomorrow, gotta catch some z's now I think.
I think I know what I'll go for:

Resizing the contents, one for 1024+ and one for 1024-.

Then I'll slice it up, and replace the contents-space of the drop with an iframe, inside the table that Imageready-produces, create pages with the contents I want, and lock the background so that only the text will be scrolled, and the tear look smooth and whole, even with the frame.

I'll deal with the shoutbox in a similar manner, smaller modications though... Well, I'll make it function and look decent somehow.

For now, I'm just gonna kick back and relax ;)

PROGRESS! :D :D

Allright people. Please check out this:

http://home.no.net/nobu/

It isn't official yet, but I think it's more or less finished. I don't have the time to start on a version for resolutions below 1024 right now, but I should think most people are capable of viewing their screen in 1024+. (*too spoiled by my 19" sony trinitron :p*)

Allright, let me know what you think.

Looks good, I love the layout.

One thing I noticed was the center scrollbox in the tear was out of place, kinda shifted out of the way. I noticed a similar problem with Jynx's site and he claimed that it was because I am running netscape buuut I tried it on explorer and had the same problem. Is anyone finding the same thing with the site?

Sanby

Could you take a screenshot?

I've placed it more or less manually, hoping it'd hold its position thanks to the no-scroll-defined-size window, but apparently not...

Which version of IE are you using?

I know the scrollbox on the tear looks a bit as if it's placed too far to the left.. If that was what you meant? That's not a bug, I had to do it that way after slicing the image. I may reslice it and place the frame a bit more to the right though..

No, that image you have there looks great to me. What happenned on mine was thta it was way off to the right, right off the tear drop and there was an empty white square where I assumed it should have been.

Sanby

That sounds really strange.. I don't see how that could be happening.. What is your browser version?

I tested the site from school, with IE5, and found out that the scrollbar-styles don't work in version 5. (= they look plain dull, grey)

I don't know why though.. that too seems a bit strange to me.

Back