What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Making selections

stOrM!

Sometimes I've seen selection which are so hard to rebuild...
I wonder if there is an easy way to simple reproduce this kind of selections?

Maybe someone knows please have a look at the Picture this will explain most...

kr
s!

G

Use vectors and convert them to a selection or use the Polygonal Lasso tool in combination with some of the other selection tools.
I also prefer to use a grid.

stOrM!

Ah I see...

Yep you're right Gaussian that will work so I need to get familiar with it now :)

thank you!

kr
s!

wbiss

Guru
I agree with Gauss! ;)

;) That's a real "quick & dirty" selection if you "master" the pen (vector) tool stOrM!

The polygonal lasso tool will work too (as Gaussian has pointed out), but you'll get a much cleaner selection, using vectors! :)

Rantin Al

Guru
Magic wand tool, click on the 'inner' black area, hold the shift key and click on the 'outer' black area. Command+shift+I to invert the selection.
(Control+shift+I on PC)
If you want to re-use the selection later, just save the selection and load when needed.

OOPS! I think you mean the dotted selection on re-reading?
Oh well, you can use the above method when you want to isolate it from the background.

Cheers Al

stOrM!

Ok thank you I need just to get familiar with the Vector thing I guess need some work with it ;)

kr
s!