What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Making The Migration - 1 Question

Gandalf5

Greetings,
After spending 22 years on a Windows PC I am making the transition to a Mac. The transition in Photoshop is starting to come together although I keep running into a few bumps. I habitually used Alt + Keys to sequence PS. For example Alt + I + P cropped an image.n However, now when I hold down the option key, the Menu titles do not change and do not highlight a letter in the menu's name. Am I missing some preference setting or does the Mac version of PS not allow key sequencing shortcuts?

Gandalf5

Hi @Gandalf5
Here is a link to an article that talks about this and a workaround.
Not ideal yet hope this helps
https://www.cnet.com/tech/computing/access-menus-via-the-keyboard-in-os-x/
John Wheeler
Thanks John. I will give it a try although I think for items down near the bottom of a menu it may be more efficient for me to use the mouse. Thanks very much for clearing up the mystery. I did multiple Google searches but they all lead to key shortcuts and it was frustrating.
Regards, Murray