What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Max Payne Cut Scenes

cz-

Hi!

Been trying to recreate the comic-like effect used in Max Payne cut-scenes, but with no luck... Any of you guys have any idea on how to make something like this out of a real picture... Cause the way I see it, they've taken real photographs and fixed them... or are these real drawings?

Y.

Hi cz-!

Mmmmm... these look like painted images to me. ;)

I might experiment a bit with a photo and see if I can come up with a close approximation...

I encourage others to try likewise! :D

I remembered seeing a tutorial on how to create a similar effect from a photograph, unfortunately the site appears to have closed. I'm looking around to see if I saved it as an 'offline web page' because I used to be on dialup and the cost of reading tuts live was pretty high :\

[confused] I did some looking around myself, but couldn't find any technique that rendered a similar result.

Again, I tend to think that this is, indeed, an artists rendition... :\

Hanarky! :perfect:

It's pretty close to the effect that cz- posted, using a standard photo! :)

I'm convinced that with a few more tweaks (play and experiment), it'll do the job quite nicely! ;)

getting closer

Here you go.. This is what I have so far.. I used the same picture as in the tutorial posted earlier, since I thought it had the right atmosphere... Didn't really like the result the tutorial gave me :)
Still striving for the perfect look..

Anyway. Here goes nothing.

Nice work cz-! :perfect:

It's a good starting point and I'm sure that you'll find ways to tweak it to your liking! ;)

Hanarky said:
Following a link, posted in another thread I came to a site, that has a tut of Max Payne sketch method. Not sure, if this is what you are looking for, but here's the link:

http://www.esoul.org/tutorials/#

Hanarky :)

:perfect: :perfect: Hey cool tuts man - thats the first time i saw that site - cant wait to get home and check out more of there tuts...
gonna play around with that comic effect

thanks man - if you have any more sites like that post em'

thanks again ;)

Hey Wendy good to see ya back bud :D :perfect:

This is my attempt at pastel painting {chalk pastels} on a photo

Stu.

Back