What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Memory Bug/Issue

Arielle Shipp

Hi, I hope I'm posting in the right thread. I've been working on a gif with a lot of layers (a lot) and it was going fine until I tried saving for w&d like I usually would. It froze for ages and then said that I didn't have enough memory. So I tried again. got the same warning so I adjusted the gif and tried again. Managed to get it to save finally. However, then I tried uploading it onto TinyPic in order to upload it to my tumblr and it kept giving me an error message when it's usually pretty good at accepting my files. So, I uploaded on photobucket and it worked. However, I looked at the gif and it only plays halfway through and freezes. I looked back at Photoshop and played it through on preview mode and it did the same thing. But if I play it through from the animation bar, it plays just fine.

Sorry for the long winded explanation but my increasing headache prompted me to seek help before my computer meets with a rather devastating end. Thanks for any tips/advice in advance!

could upgrade the computer's memory, then the problem should be solved all together.

what are your PC specifications?

That makes sense of course. However, I have a Vaio and according to my system info I've got 4.00 GB and 3.67 GB is usable. I've read a couple comments in other forums about increasing the permissions but any tips on doing so were for macs so I'm a bit lost on doing that myself.

I encountered exactly the same problem before, this was very frustrating for me as well. What I did is, I just reboot my computer and it's solve my problem...

Back