What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Menu bar freeze

badfish

When working in CS2 about every 10 minutes or so i'll go into my menu bar and it's locked up. No menu's drop down. The toolbox and all the tools and all keyboard shortcuts work but that's it. When I click on file, edit, etc. nothing happens. I have to ctrl+s and close Photoshop. A real pain in the ass. Adobe was no help so I'm reaching out to all you good people. My system is clean is any viruses, spyware and ad ware. I have no other problems of any kind and I'm working with small files (avg. 2 megs) with plenty of RAM (512 MB) Can anyone help me?

How fast of a machine do you have?...I've read that the pc will freeze up if its under a gig and you have the brigde open I'm running CS, actually shying away from the CS2 upgrade...seems to bugy.

Lasa

I agree with Lasa, on a PC, a gig of ram is barely enough. PSCS2 is really designed for a duel processor machine with 2 gigs of ram. PSCS3 ( which is in the works ) will probably require a Cray to run, so save dem aluminum cans baby. I run PS7. I'll never upgrade. I'm not a photographer so CS2 would be a waste. I demo'ed CS, no biggy. Duel processor PC's will be here, en masse, come the first of the year. They'll be giving away the single processor machines in Dec and Jan. ( this is called 'prophecy') [shhh]

Duel processor PC's will be here, en masse, come the first of the year. They'll be giving away the single processor machines in Dec and Jan. ( this is called 'prophecy')
Giving away...yippe! :D
Realisticly, every year or less you will need to upgrade your computer, depending on what you plan to be runnin'.
First they'll have duelys, then multi-core procesors, then super duper kick a duely multi-core, then who knows what. It will come sooner than you'd expect.

Yes, I forsee [them] giving single processor computers away. In fact my epiphany includes having everyone in the world receiving a "free" computer. There'll be distribution centers set up everywhere.
Just come in and get one or two. The only problem is that there will be no software that will run on them because they'll only have 256 megs of RAM. This way [they] won't have to go through the expense of trashing all those useless units that are filling up warehouses worldwide.
The next generation of computer will either have self generating RAM or RAM ON DEMAND or Neural Interface. Also, no installed software. All software will be used off of a server available online as a subscription or pay as you go. ERGO, software piracy will be eliminated. It will take a retina scan to activate any Adobe product. ( that is right around the corner).

Ha, I'll just grab a free one, wrap it, put a bow on it and give it to my grandma for christmas. [shhh]
I agree with you that software will be used of a server (probably via internet 2) but It will be gradually. Software piracy will not go away quickly or any time soon. As long a there's a way to steel, cheat, scheme, and break the law, people will find it. It may be reduced, or even eliminated in some areas, but it will never fully just go away....never. No system is TOTALLY secure.
BTW, could you expound a bit on "self generating RAM" and "RAM ON DEMAND" ?

http://www.annoyances.org/exec/show/article09-127

I am researching 'RAM ON DEMAND'( I really didn't make it up). Back in the day when I still got 'POP-UPS' I used to get one from a computer company that manufactured a $32,000.00 machine that boasted 'endless ram' that was developed by some movie producer. (I never took it too seriously) BUT THE IDEA IS OUT THERE!!!!!!!!!!!! and how bout that Mac G5 expandable to 16 gigs of the stuff

Pssst...hey you...need a working retina to activate Coca-Colas latest Photoshop 25?
Got one here..cheap... Upgradable...registered globally... the works...just need to deactivate the DNA detection sequence at installation...

Lasa

this is a guaranteed 'all purpose' crack for any and all future Adobe products

Back