What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mercator effects tut

captnops

[confused]

Thanks very much for the tut PS Guru. I am learning so much. I have a problem...

I believe I have followed the tut explicitly and my image thus far matches yours....

now the problem. In step 6 you indicate "Merging layers deactivates a selection, so CTRL + click the grid layer to select it again"

WHICH LAYER IS THE GRID LAYER?

When I attempt to ctrl+click on layer 6 and perform the contract by 50, I get a "WARNING: No pixels selected" error. The whole sphere is selected, but it appears nothing happens and my "doughnut" does not resemble yours any longer....

HELP.....

Thanks again....

captnops ... welcome .. that part of the tute can be a tricky little devil ... however, the lined layer you made and it's duplicate that you rotated (using Ctrl+J) and then merged using Ctrl+E becomes the grid layer refered to (check out the underlined sections of pic below) ... then put your cursor on the little window in the layers palette (of the grid layer) and press(and hold) Ctrl and left click on the mouse and you will have selected your grid layer (pixels selected) .. nifty trick eh ... refer pic below re the last bit

thanks Gaussian :)

Welcome aboard captnops! :)

And yes, Ian, great explanation there! ;)

Back