What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Messed up

GeorgeF73

Some how or other I have managed to get my browse window locked up under the top menu at the top. Anybody have this happen before? How did you get it back down again where you can move it around or minimize it?
Thanks.
GeorgeF73

That is a Photoshop feature called the Palette Well.

Just drag the browser onto the desktop to release it.

To place it into the Well, use the Browser drop-down Options to Dock to Palette Well.

Al.

That's the problem. I can't grab the brower as the top of the browser where you crab it is hidden up under the top menu.
Where do you find the pallet well? I can't get to the top of browser to open anything.
George

OK, I figured it out. Got the problem solved. Thanks a bunch. I think I better write this down so I don't forget it. I just hope I don't forget where I put what I wrote down.

While growing older there is good news and bad news. The good news is that your memory gets better and better. The bad news is that you have short recall.

George, write the solution here. That way everyone can benefit from your solution, and if you do forget it, you will know where to find it.;)

The Palette Well is the panel at the right-hand side in the Options window.

Either drag palettes onto this panel, or use the Dock to Well command found at the top of the palette drop down.

Al.

OK, here is what I did. I enlarged the resolution of the screen and when the Browse showed up in the Pallet Well I put my cursor on the tab "Browse", held down the left mouse and dragged it out of the well and put it on the screen. Worked perfect. I tried it several time to be sure I was doing it right. Also that helped me remember what to do.
Hope it helps someone in the future.
GeorgeF73

Usually, it's simply because you don't have the Photoshop window maximized. Do that, then reset your palette locations to default, and your images will display in the Photoshop window as they should.

Maximize window, Default palette settings. That's all you need to remember.

If you have the resolution set too low, then there is not enough space to show the well... which is another way of saying what you ultimately discovered. ;)

If you come up against a problem which didn't happen before, always go over any settings or changes you may have made and try resetting them to a prior state.

If that does not cure the problem, then panic! ;)

Al.

Back