What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Specific Milky Way Night Photography

PrincessJasmine

Hi all,

I am new to the site, but looking for some help on a photo I took a couple of years ago.

Through a lot of planning and luck I managed to get a photo of the Milky Way over Tre Cima Grande. I have tried watching all the tutorials for processing the photo but I cannot seem to get the hang of it at all. From watching these videos, I think it is possible to get something really quite good as I can see their starting RAW photos of their own images.

Is there anyone that can process it? and/or let me know if the base iamge is good enough to work with?

It should be fairly obvious to anyone with experience in star photography to get the right balance between bringing out the Milky Way, but also keeping the rocks prominant.

Of course anyone able to help is more than welcome to use the image as they wish, as all I would really like is hopefully something nice as a memory and to put personally on my wall.

Any questions, ask away.

Thank you for any responses in advance.

Jasmine
Tre Cima Grande Milky Way.JPG

thebestcpu

Guru
Hi Jasmine
If you have the raw file, I bet it could turn out great. The uploaded JPEG file is limited to only 8 bit depth so the end result would not be anywhere as good. Any chance you could share the raw file on a sharing site or dropbox so forum members can give it a go?
Just a suggestion
John Wheeler

thebestcpu

Guru
If you need a link to share to, I can send a dropbox if you cannot work it out on your end. Here is what I got using the image you supplied in your first post.
Hope you like it
John Wheeler

Tre-Cima-Grande-Milky-Way-edit.jpg

PrincessJasmine

Not sure how to make it work, if you could send me a link then I am sure I would be able to get it added to that (I couldnt work out how to set it up on dropbox)

Wow, so many stars!

thebestcpu

Guru
I will send you a link via Photoshop Gurus messaging service, you can upload the image to that dropbox link and then I will share that link as another post on this thread.

thebestcpu

Guru
You're welcome. There can be lots of interpretations on how to enhance such an image. This was just one way of many.
John Wheeler