What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Specific Move person into background

Just a note, I was the one having issues with the DNG file. It opens very dark. Admittedly, I did not spend time on troubleshooting the problem. Perhaps others will not have the same issue!

Here's what I get.......
Screen ShotSmall2024-03-12 at 12.01.55 PM copy.png
Screen ShotSM 2024-03-12 at 12.03.03 PM copy.png

Thanks for that @kabak :)

The main issue I’m having is trying to make the new image look natural, like the person belongs in that frame. Because the lighting is different between the 2 photos and the edges are also a bit tricky when moving the person.. basically I found moving the person is easy, but making the result look credible - a whole different ballgame..

Thanks for that @kabak :)

The main issue I’m having is trying to make the new image look natural, like the person belongs in that frame. Because the lighting is different between the 2 photos and the edges are also a bit tricky when moving the person.. basically I found moving the person is easy, but making the result look credible - a whole different ballgame..
Ok
thank you for your comments.
The good news is that many better people than me will succeed where I failed.

Ok
thank you for your comments.
The good news is that many better people than me will succeed where I failed.
Ok I think I worded that the wrong way. That wasn’t a comment on your result but just rather me saying all my attempts failed miserably for different reasons - yours is miles above anything I’ve been able to do :)

You've done a very good job. The guy looks natural like he was posing for the photographer.
But something was bothering me more and more. Until I saw that the person was wearing the same shoes twice.
The problem now is that there is only a small piece of the left shoe in the photo, but still not enough to work with.😠

The subjects left foot is wearing a right side shoe. The shoes in the reflection are not in the right position. The reflection needs to be set back further to match the subjects standing position. Also, there is no shadow. Based on the shadows from the glass and railing, there would be a strong shadow coming off the subject as well.

Mr. Argos has just offered a beautiful version.
So much the better As for me, here are some fixes) to the best of my inability to do better.
balcony.jpg

Thanks a lot for the help guys! This has not been an easy job and each and everyone of you has delivered a fantastic result!! Everyone should be very proud of themselves :)

Back