What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Moving brushes, actions, styles from CS2 yo CS3

Lee

Guru
Hey Gaus,
I just got CS3 and want to move my brushes, actions, styles from 2 to 3. Can I just go to the folder in CS2 that has those things and to a copy/paste to CS3?

Thank you, sir

Lee

Yes, should be working fine. I wouldn't overwrite files with the same name though. I you want to be 100% safe, then make a copy of the CS3 folders first.

UPDATE:
Before moving all those presets I tried directing CS3 to an additional presets folder on the Preferences>pluging page (it's been so long that I forgot that I had done that with CS2).

Anyway, all the Actions show up in CS3, Gaus, but the Bruches, custome shapes and styles are grayed out when I try and use them in CS3 which means they can't be used. I find it impossible to believe they are all incompatable with CS3 so do you have any idea why this is happening and what I can do to fix it?

Again, thanks.

Lee

Lee said:
Anyway, all the Actions show up in CS3, Gaus, but the Bruches, custome shapes and styles are grayed out when I try and use them in CS3 which means they can't be used. I find it impossible to believe they are all incompatable with CS3 so do you have any idea why this is happening and what I can do to fix it?

Strange, I don't have that problem Lee. I did a two tests:

a) adding styles and brushes to CS3 that I had stored somewhere else (not in CS2) and I had no problem using them (I just copied them from one folder to the proper Photoshop/Preset folder)
b) I opened a styles file in CS2 and saved it under a new name. I then copied this new file to CS3 and again I had no problems with it.

I use Windows and I know you use a Mac, so I'm wondering if this is a specific Mac issue. But I've never used a Mac so I can't help you there, but hopefully Mindbender can (he also uses Mac).

Back