What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Moving From Designing Myspace Pages and banners to Websites

tekboi

Hi All.

I've been doing editing websites and Designing different pages for about 1 1/2 years now. Recently I started on a website. It is going to be a music site that sells instrumentals. The thing about it is.. I don't even know where to start.

-Shopping Carts
-Integrating the Shopping Carts
-Selling Downloadable content online
-Having the content sent automatically to the user after purchase.
-LCC's

Maybe I'm making this harder than it has to be. But right now i'm just overwhelmed. Does anybody have any tips on where to get started on this. I have the design and everything done (for the most part).

Last edited:
I suggest you to set up a time table and make deadlines that you think you can hold for each item. Doesn't matter what you start with, maybe the Sign up forms cause you need to do that before all the shopping, right?

If this is your first 'real' site ever, I'll be impressed if you manage to make all that stuff. I would start with some smaller projects. A site with information about different instruments? A music theory site? Think about it :)

Hope I'm to help. Good luck.

Content Management System

Well, personally i feel a Content Management System is the way to go.

Joomla is one of the best out there, and it is free, the extensions are endless, and it is 100% customizable. Check out the extension page and see if you find what you need, and if so i can help you on your journey due to the fact that i have worked with joomla tons of times.

The extension page:

Home - Joomla! Extensions Directory

Last edited:

Back