What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Moving my Pictures folder from C drive to a different internal drive

daj811

I'm moving my Pictures folder from C drive to a new internal drive because I needed more storage, so I added a new drive. Am I setting my self up for trouble if I move the Pictures Folder to the new drive? What about Lightroom?

If you need to make space on your boot drive, and are using Windows, then WinDirStat is a useful tool. It gives you both a visual indication of files and how much space they are using, plu a folder hierarchy which lists in order of file size. Use the graphic to find large chunks of data, and click to see what they are. Then Google to find how to move to another drive. The Windows Page File should be left alone, but Documents, Desktop, Downloads, all sorts of cache, iTunes backup etc. can all be moved. Also turn off Hibernate if it is still turned off. This will give you back a lot of drive space — the same size as your memory, if my memory is not playing tricks on me. Besides taking a lot of drive space, Hibernate can be a PITA causing issues when it wakes up, so I always disable it.

1511043345204.png
https://www.cnet.com/how-to/quick-ways-to-clear-up-drive-space-in-windows-10/

Back