What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Multi-Monitor PSE 9 Corrupt Display

Bman.

Evening all -

First post here at PS Gurus. I hope that you guys can lend your expertise in pinning down an issue that I am having and have also had on other PS versions. I am running

Windows 7 (64 bit) Ultimate
2600k / 8 gb ram / 256 Samsung SSD / 460 GTX 1GB

Matrox Triplehead 2 Go with x3 22" monitors (resolution 5040 x1050)

A fresh install of the trial version of PSE 9 is yielding corrupt main toolbar and options bar (for each tool selected). The application is expanding full screen on all three monitors just fine but the toolbar are corrupt - partly transparent / party compressed to the left. No matter what I have done in terms of resizing the application window the results are the same or get worse.

FSX 2011 - 002.jpg

On another computer I installed PS CS5 (also under win7 64 bit environment) and I was having the same issue. However, at the time I thought the install was bad in some shape or form so I dropped the issue.

I am now considering PSE 9 but see that Win7 + Matrox just isn't working correctly with this combination of hardware / software components.

Has anyone see this issue or know of a potential fix? I have read a couple of threads on the net with similar issues but I don't see any resolution. Your help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks-

Benjamin

Can't say I have ever had or seen any issues like this myself. I have run both cs4 & cs5 and elements on xp and windows 7 32 and 64 bit with out ever a problem like this.

Hi Bman

Welcome to PhotoShop Gurus

This doesn't look like a software related issue, but a hardware misconfiguration or incompatibility

- Try updating your graphics card drivers.

- Also try enabling OpenGL under Edit>preferences>Performance>GPU settings

Hope this helps.

Thanks guys - I will keep on looking. I have done some more searching over at the Adobe forums and it appears that folks that have Matrox all have the same issue. It's something to do with GUI not wanting to conform to a single monitor / stretched maximized.

I agree - it's not a Win7 64 issue - simply a Matrox 3H2Go issue. This is one of very few applications that refused to maximize to 1 screen versus 3 screens.
Some folks have found they can trick the PSE into spanning only one display with Maxto.net.
GPU driver is tip top.

If others have suggestions, let me know! Keep them coming, I will try them all.

Changing the GPU wouldn't do any good - and there is no way I would part with my Matrox! Love it. It will be stuck in the lands of GIMP forever I suppose (or spend $20 for MaxTo)haha...:cheesygrin:

Matrox (or Eyefinity that have it) just can't be beat...

DSC05003.JPG

Back