What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

multiple photos will not show together in layers panel

conniema

when i drop a new photo into Photoshop on top an existing photo it does not show up in the layers panel with the first photo. I can click on one photoit shows up in the layer panel, but i cannot get them both to show up at once to be able to work on them. Example: I want to replace sky in one photo. When I drop a replacement sky into photoshop it will not show up in the layers panel under the first photo. They will only show up one at a time which ever one I clicked on.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Please post a screenshot of your layers panel. Thanks.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
You have opened all the photos in tabs (document) and not layers. If your dragging and dropping on the Ps icon........it will open in a new tab. If you drag and drop in the Ps work area......it will open as a layer.

Take a look here:

conniema

You are WONDERFUL!!!!! I have been fighting with this for so long......! Thank you very, very much!

conniema

I've been playing with this and one thing that does not occur when I bring in a new photo, is the X line and the line around my brought in image. I also cannot drag and drop from my files to the image.