What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Photo Manipulation Mummy Sandstorm ft.Trump

NandaGopal

Tried the sandstorm effect from the movie Mummy. It could look more professional but I am satisfied with the effort considering I've just started seriously diving into Photoshop. Feedback welcome :)

trump storm.jpg

Its a really hard exercise even for advanced photoshop users, I remember a contest about this in this forum a long time ago,(it was clouds instead of sand XD,)and it was a nightmare to make it look decent, the problem with yours is that it just looks like a low opacity face added to the picture, to make it look realistic requires a lot of light/shadowing work, and change the photorealistic shape and change it for sand.

For learning porpuses, I would try simple things at the beginning.

Cheers!

Its a really hard exercise even for advanced photoshop users, I remember a contest about this in this forum a long time ago,(it was clouds instead of sand XD,)and it was a nightmare to make it look decent, the problem with yours is that it just looks like a low opacity face added to the picture, to make it look realistic requires a lot of light/shadowing work, and change the photorealistic shape and change it for sand.

For learning porpuses, I would try simple things at the beginning.

Cheers!
I used displacement map and darken mode at 100% opacity to try and match it with the contours of the sand. It's a shame it still looks like low opacity face aded to it. :cheesygrin:

Back