What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

music life!

sunrise

Finally , after a long time I did this pic ! XD

I think this pic is ok ! I hope to advice me about it >> to be graetest :rolleyes:

music life!.jpg
I hope It's the best of my works at the forum :)

ibclare

Queen Bee
Very nice sunrise. I will not give you advice, lol. Just a few of my observations/suggestions. Just my own opinion of course.

The ephemeral masked face is quite lovely, but has no corresponding entity - for lack of a better word. I would suggest making the music notes a lower opacity. That might give a sense of them floating off into the night. Maybe even decrease the size as they climb higher and higher to give them some perspective.

I think the face is a tad too large. To me it's a moon metaphor, which you have emphasized with the crescent. The moon can be very large and I don't think this should be as small as the largest moon, but maybe give just a little more illusion of "body in the sky."

The butterflies up on the tree seem to disappear and could use a bit more highlight/reflection from the bodies in the sky, stars and moon face. The others are beautifully placed.The peach one seems just a bit palce, but that is an artistic choice. If that isn't intentional, maybe just select the peach one, make it another layer and if necessary change the blend mode to increase it's vibrance, or just do an adjustment.

The only other thing that attracts my eye too quickly and seems a bit distracting is the purple guitar. I would take the purple and make it a quaternary color as it might appear in the moonlight, and desaturate it a bit as well. I'm also not comfortable with it going over the border of the picture, but that is a minor thing which could well be "fixed" by a saturation change.

Again, remember these are just my suggestions and what you do with them is your artistic choice. Lovely composition and colors. It's really nice sunrise. Thaks for sharing.

ibclare

Queen Bee
sunrise, here is a not high-quality (tough without the layers :mrgreen: ) example of what I mean -- approximately. I hope you don't feel like i'm stepping on your toes. I don't mean to do that. But this post can be removed if it does.

MaskedMoon.jpg

Much better without that guitar! Maybe extend the music notes all the way up to the masked face, so we see some connection between the two characters.

Agent

Paul

Former Member
I would like to see more of the moon in the image maybe?

ibclare

Queen Bee
Hi sunrise, I agree with agent, seeing the musical notes go up higher would be good. I don't think the birds are necessary and I even think they detract from the overall picture, especially since you already have the butterflies. I really like that you've extended the sky. That adds a lot.

Frey

Banned
I liked the larger masked face/moon better but I think it looks better without the guitar. I also agree with Agent that the notes would look good going all the way to the face. Keep up the good work!

marni7x7

Sunrise i really like it keep the guitar but add some shadow on it so it blends in to the picture. :)

sunrise

thnx marni ,, I thought it hard to make the guitar real in this pic .. so i delete it ,,

thnx again ,,,

sassyprint

It's beautiful, but I think the face/moon would have looked better if the entire circle was prominent as opposed to cutting it along the outline of the face.