What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My First Graphic Collages (feedback appreciated)

semo97

Hi everyone,

I am new to this forum (and photoshop in general). I've been interested in trying some graphic design techniques with a blend of collage and my own photography, and I feel as though the new photoshop update has made it easier for me to grasp. I made these three images in the past two days and would love to hear your feedback. Thank you so much!

Screen Shot 2019-03-08 at 1.53.35 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-03-08 at 5.40.32 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-03-09 at 1.50.03 PM.png

inkpad.t

Guru
I have never heard of Collages before ( i am uneducated ), so did some research and found a great selection on Pinterest , Now I know what it is, i like what you have done, It seems some of the images I found in this subject seem to make no sense , So that is right up my street. I think i will give it a go.

I like your work!
I would call them 'Fantasy composites'.
Just one thought about the lighting. Always check carefully where the main light source is in your image.
All the different image parts you put together should have a similar lighting. Otherwise they'll never blend naturally.

Example: The 2nd image has a strong light source from the left, and another strong light source from the right.

Screen Shot 2019-03-08 at 5.40.32 PM.jpg