What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My first photo using topaz effects #W.D.E.

It would've been better without the Starbursts, they seem rather distracting more so than logo that's my two and half cents worth:mrgreen:

It would've been better without the Starbursts, they seem rather distracting more so than logo that's my two and half cents worth:mrgreen:

Thanks for the input, I'm really just messing around with the software to see what I can produce. I may have went a bit overboard with the stars, consider it a lesson learned. I posted it to get the advice of others and I thank you for yours.

For a first you really have done a very good Topaz job.
Many topaz treated images I see are completely overdone and just ugly to look at. Keep learning and keep posting your good work.

For a first you really have done a very good Topaz job.
Many topaz treated images I see are completely overdone and just ugly to look at. Keep learning and keep posting your good work.
Thanks for the compliment, I'm gonna keep working with it and hopefully create some nice pics!!

Loose the grafiX looks lost, starbursts no need - my bad been said already:mrgreen:

Would you be willing to do a step by step on how you got the finished look? I have Topaz and still can't get that look. I know I am still missing some steps. I just can't figure out what they are. And the few times I've asked others to help they are super stash with how they got the final look.

Would you be willing to do a step by step on how you got the finished look? I have Topaz and still can't get that look. I know I am still missing some steps. I just can't figure out what they are. And the few times I've asked others to help they are super stash with how they got the final look.
To be honest I really don't remember the exact steps, but I do know that I used the topazadjust tab and applied the psychedelic effect. After that it was a lot of messing around the adjustments on the right until I got something I thought was descent.

Lose the starbursts and I agree with Tom on the background. Otherwise, the subject matter is outstanding, Auburn's phenomenal quarterback,Nick Marshall (who in my opinion rivals Johnny Football Manziel).
War Eagle!

Lose the starbursts and I agree with Tom on the background. Otherwise, the subject matter is outstanding, Auburn's phenomenal quarterback,Nick Marshall (who in my opinion rivals Johnny Football Manziel).
War Eagle!
Thanks, I will take these suggestions and hopefully do better next time. I'm a huge fan of Marshall and glad to see him doing well #WarEagle

Indeed!
Thanks, I will take these suggestions and hopefully do better next time. I'm a huge fan of Marshall and glad to see him doing well #WarEagle

Back