What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My New logo

I like your logo but watch your edges I am looking at it using the dark theme so I can see white edges around it.

However Your Logo is lost on your business card

In my opinion your card has way to much going on and does not look something like a true Designer would make.

The idea of a card is not to primarily show off your work but more be simle to read and make your contact info easily available and clear.

I also do not understand why you have a facebook and twitter icon when they dont ave your addresses there so technically those icons mean nothing to the person viewing your card.

Criticism taken... the Twitter anf Facebook idea was that they would just Facebook the sight by searching it by name... but i guess it backfired... thanks again...

I like the logo, dont like the color choice, dont like the business card

keep it simple somthing like this - with obviously abit more effort than I have put in

Untitled-1.png

Last edited:
Bahama, you have improved a lot in the time since you started coming to PSG (we can't take all the credit but thanks for acknowledging the site). You've worked well with people here and are very respectful. I like that. I understand your attachment to the rich patterns and swirly fonts. But hoogle is right. Your business card is not the place to put complex art, especially if it obscures the message.

Whatever color you want to make your logo or text is fine, but the nice streamlined shape of the logo is completely lost in the design as it is now. If you want something in addition to the logo, I suggest you keep some of the gradient like you have around the phone number and email, but much more subtle, and as stuff demonstrates, a lot smaller font size.

Think white space :mrgreen:

Think simplicity

I've been told this: If you think about how you would describe yourself and your business to someone who didn't know you, imagine that you meet on an elevator, and by the time you reach the ground floor you must have finished your explanation.

A business card is kind of like that, only more so. It has to say in one brief glance who you are and what you do. SO keep it simple. You can do it. It's a good logo design.

The typography does not work well for a business card. It would be better if it's more simplistic. Also, your logo camouflaged with the whole business card. You will have to make it stand out. But the format of the whole thing is okay. Good work still.

just a small thing that i cant help noticing, the font you chose to use is the coca cola font.
as beautiful as it may be its very obvious and easy to detect. as a digital art business
you would probably want your clients to think everything you do is one of a kind,
that you are using your own material, that they will not be able to find the same anywhere eles, etc..
not to mention that the font is most likely copy righted, i would probably be using a less known / different font.
but that just me.

Back