What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My new scanner...and some free software

Doc

I just purchased a new scanner, an Epson 4490. It is able to scan photos, slides, color negatives (35mm & 2 1/4) as well as standard documents. I am very impressed with it so far. I've scanned in some negatives I've had around for a long time of a girl friend of mine from days gone by. She was 20 at the time...and I was 35.

I also found a free 'slide show' plug-in that I'm trying out. Here's the link:
Trina's Slide show

Please let me know if the slide show works OK for you...and hopefully, you'll like the photos too.

You can find the "HTML Slide Show Wizard" app HERE as well as a few other goodies.

Doc

BlueFlare

AngelWhip said:
i couldn't get the slide show to work?

I had no problems to view the slideshow in both Internet Explorer and Opera.
I didn't get it to work in FireFox. Are you suing Firefox? Do you use specific security settings? Any anti-spyware installed that might cause a conflict?

Btw, nice work Doc :perfect:

namvet

Power User
AngelWhip .... g'day .. yer not alone .. I had trouble too (am using Opera ... ) ... the forward arrow (on that site) wouldn't work for me, but if I left clicked on image it moved to the next one \:/ [confused] ... ah, well ... regards nam

Doc

Thanks for the feedback on the slideshow. I think I'll keep looking around for a different type of slideshow presentation...at least the price was right for this one. :surprised:

namvet

Power User
Doc .. thanks for posting it .. we who 'watch' learn from guys like you .. 'find, watch, learn... pause, wait, watch, learn some more ... ' .. lol .. thanks ... (umm, how come you got my 'Doc' nickname?? \:/ ... lol ... ) ... regards nam

fotobill

I've been thinking about getting that same scanner to use with some of my thousands of old negatives.

JAlbum is free and can make slide shows as well as numerous styles of albums.

http://jalbum.net/

Doc

namvet,

I probably use the 'Doc' nickname for the same reason you do:
dt3.gif

ComServPac, Hawaii 1964-1966
USS Oriskany 1966-1967

http://glewis.us/Oriskany.htm

Doc

fotobill,

Thanks for the link for JAlbum. I'm searching for a photo album that works the way I'd like on the internet. I have a couple that seem to work great for cd's etc.

nitrobutler

Power User
Hey Doc: I've got a good one http://picasa.google.com/
It got plenty goodies and it even found pictures on my hard drive I thought were gone!
It's called Picasa it's free from google. :perfect:

Doc

Nitro,

Thanks too for the link. Picasa does look very interesting but it doesn't appear to create slideshows for the web.

Here's a link to a page I found with several Flash driven 'Galleries' that I'm considering. Each script costs $5.00 which seems reasonable to me.

Here's the LINK. Check out the demo's for these web galleries.

Edit Thanks for the note at my USS Oriskany page too.