What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My Prince

Paul

Former Member
Cindy, i just love your work you know that.
This one as that feeling of a dream like state but set in reality, i only have one issue with this art you have produced the moon is a crescent yet the moon glow is almost full, if you understand my wording Cindy.
Listen to me the village idiot of PSG explaining what i see as a failing in one of your brilliant works.

Cindy Grundsten

Power User
Thank you so much Paul for your kind comment. And I am so glad you like it.

About the moon, yes I know its a very much light from it. I am aware of it. But anyway, this is fantasy and sometimes I dont care about things like that. Of course I could change the moon to another one without any bigger problem.
Anyway, I am happy you told me because then I know how other may perceived it. At the moment I have no energy to change it. But maby later on. Then I let you know. It means a lots to get all kind of criticism. Its from that we learn and grow :) Thank you!

Cindy, i just love your work you know that.
This one as that feeling of a dream like state but set in reality, i only have one issue with this art you have produced the moon is a crescent yet the moon glow is almost full, if you understand my wording Cindy.
Listen to me the village idiot of PSG explaining what i see as a failing in one of your brilliant works.

Cindy Grundsten

Power User
Paul

I really like hearing other people's opinion about my work. Sometimes when I get criticism it's usually something I have missed. And then I can correct it. For sometimes when I have stared long at a picture, I become blind to some details. So it is always welcoming to hear other people's opinion and criticism.

I take no offense at all. On the contrary it is good for me :)
So dont think about that. You have absolutly right in what you sad.

Fantasy art is just what the title says Cindy, thanks for understanding my little critique of your work.

ALB68

Dear Departed Guru and PSG Staff Member
Cindy, fantasy or not, some of the elements are soooo realistic. The water is brilliant!

Cindy Grundsten

Power User
Thank you so very much hershy314, I am glad you like it. Yes I think that its nice if this kind of work is soft and dreamlike. The final result will always be different depends on the scene I want to create. :)

Nice work Cindy, I agree with Paul that it does have a dream like look to it. And the moon being the way it is, but it is a fantasy like image so that sort of thing doesn't really matter.

I look at your picture again and again and lose myself in the many small beautifully edited details. You created once again a charming and fabulous work of art that touches me deeply. Cindy, you made my day!

Paul

Former Member
I look at your picture again and again and lose myself in the many small beautifully edited details. You created once again a charming and fabulous work of art that touches me deeply. Cindy, you made my day!

Oh Chris you old charmer you:thumbsup:

dv8_fx

Retired Administrator
You never cease to amaze, Cindy.

And as always the subtle details add to the story. If a picture paints a thousand words, this is one of them.

I like the expression on the frog.... "Kiss Me, pleeeeease".....

addendum.... I'm studying your cutting lines and crop areas to determine how you used the stock river scene and pond with the rest of the background. Excellent splicing and edit work you did.

Cindy Grundsten

Power User
dv8_fx Thank you so much for your so kind comment. You make me so glad.
Yes to melt different images together can sometimes take a lots of time. Hopfully it works but not always, and then I have to find other stocks.
Its often that as takes a lot of time. Just to find the right stocks to work with. In this case I found the right stocks right away. Then to cover some bad look I have to edit some grass, flowers and things like that.
But its fun, I love to solve problems as comes up during the working. And I love challenges. :)

You never cease to amaze, Cindy.

And as always the subtle details add to the story. If a picture paints a thousand words, this is one of them.

I like the expression on the frog.... "Kiss Me, pleeeeease".....

addendum.... I'm studying your cutting lines and crop areas to determine how you used the stock river scene and pond with the rest of the background. Excellent splicing and edit work you did.

dv8_fx

Retired Administrator
I find the area behind the model as kinda tricky as there was a small waterfall and flowing water in the original stock . But you covered it well with what looks like a shallow gully look and shadows which matched the other moonlit half of the scene.

It was adding in of shrubbery and other details that easily covered the defects or unwanted parts.

Excellent choices and use of stock images..... :thumbsup: