What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My Shape's border is not smooth when i resize it?!!

siamandm

Banned
hello all
im try to draw a smoothed edge circle , i dont know how to do it and when i zoom it it look like below
my resolutions is 600 dpi
notsoomth.PNG

Nxxl

Adobe Photoshop is a Raster Based Software. Raster Images are images that are made out of pixels. So if you zoom in, you will see the pixels (that all together make an image).

If you want to make this circle without the jagged edges (pixels) when you zoom in, you need to use a Vector Based Software such as Adobe Illustrator. Vector images are images that are made up of points, lines, curves etc that are based on Mathematical Equations, and not Pixels.

TL;DR - If you want a circle without the jagged edges, you need to use a vector based software such as Adobe Illustrator.

siamandm

Banned
thanks for your reply, when i zoom it i see the jagged edges does it mean this will not have effect on print quality ?

o.robles

thanks for your reply, when i zoom it i see the jagged edges does it mean this will not have effect on print quality ?

I wont effect the quality of printing as long it's printed the same size and quality as the original image... for a smooth lines you need to vectorize the image.