What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mysterious line on a gradient

bucephalus

Hi, I've made some wallpapers for my phone in Photoshop, but whilst they look fine in PS when I put them on my phone there's a strange line. It's kind of hard to explain but I've attached a screenshot.

I've made a black background which has a gradient of dark blue in the bottom left corner. When I put it on my phone, towards the darker end of the gradient it goes from a very dark blue to a lighter grey and then a line before it turns black. I've no idea what's going on.

I thought some of you experts might know what is causing this and how I can avoid it. I've tried all sorts, like blurring, changing contrast and brightness. I hope this image works, you might need to turn the brightness up. Thanks.

screenshot.png

Make sure your using the correct size/resolution for your phone. Here is the iPhone.

Ok, We are looking at this line.....

Screen Shot 2013-11-27 at 9.08.09 AM.png

Is this what your talking about? Or is there another line that you can't effectively replicate to show us whats happening?
Try adding an arrow to your image to show us where the line is appearing.

Back