What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3D Mystical Grotto

kiwi

Guru
The idea here is that the crystal tree is some kind of surreal and huge and natural formation,something people,maybe Hobbits or something come to look at,hence the little door and the railing.

C4D and PS.with an insane amount of caustics set in the end [stuned]

Stu.

serge

This image is beatifull. I like the lighting, stones, Caustics on the tree and around. Everything looks very pretty. Great job Kiwi :perfect:

Hey cool man i never saw that little door last time ya showed it to me Stu. Nice concept. :perfect:

Hey that's really a terrific piece of work. Like it alot, Stu. Very mystical! 8[

It reminds me of those really cool hard acrylic scupture lamps of the 70's. They became brittle after awhile and would crumble, but they looked SO COOL in a darkened room...

Excellent job! :}

Great work there bud. :D
Is this part of your movie?

Thanks very much guys :D :perfect:

Tak,not sure about that yet,this scene would need heaps of swirling particles and stuff to look good,but I might include it when I get better acquainted with Thinking Particles {C4D particle solution we have} :)

Good work, man!

Hehehe...bizarre is that of all C4D modules, the *thinking* particles is the one most people get a headache from. Fropm thinking how it might work that is....

No offense meant as you well know. ;)

Erik said:
Good work, man!

Hehehe...bizarre is that of all C4D modules, the *thinking* particles is the one most people get a headache from. Fropm thinking how it might work that is....

No offense meant as you well know. ;)

:D

nah add xpresso to that list as well :)

Well, I just took a long look at this composition and the lighting is fantastic. I immediately thought of a stylized glass tree made of drawn rods with the elements welded at the junctions. Verrrry interesting.

:}

Try adding some sugar, some say.

Or a real turkish coffee: fill half a cup with coffee, fill the other half with sugar and then add boiling water 'till the cup is half full.

8}

Very nice Stu... I really like the concept of this tree... :) Great looking, mondo fantastic :) :perfect:

In 3dsmax we have a special type of particles called "particle flow"
I imagine they work the same way, there is a lot scripting involved,
you can program the particles by just writing the code... :rofl:
But of course there are handy buttons and a good interface with buttons like:
Age test, find target, speed test, birth, collisions, etc.... :D :D

Ops forgot to give the example...
I?m not sure if they did it that way, but the "matrix revolutions" tentacles of sentinels could be created this way...

wow. you're amazing. how long does something like this take you?

Thanks Daver :)

Oooh um probably about a week I suppose.The modelling is now the easiset part for me,and then texturing takes time,but lighting can take ages of going back and forth with tweaking color and brightness etc,but its worth it in the end :D

Back