What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NAPP membership question

Lee

Guru
Anyone here belong to NAPP (National Assoc. of Photoshop Professionals)? Web site: photoshopuser.com.

The reason I ask is that they have a magazine called Photoshop User. Unfortunately, the only way you can get a script to that rag is to belong to the organization. I'd love to get that magazine for all the current info on PS but am not sure it's worth the admission price of $99/one yr. and $179 for two.

Anyone belong?

I'm not a member of NAPP as of yet (haven't reached the place where I can throw down $99 at one time for something like that -- but I'm getting closer [excited] )

However, I have noticed that a lot of Barnes and Noble (or B. Dalton Booksellers, which are owned by B&M) do carry Photoshop User Magazine. I have started buying it there whenever I see it and the magazine subscription itself would be well worth paying $99 a year if you could afford it. It's even more logical when you consider that you pay about $9.95 an issue that comes out about 8 times a year. That's $80 a year, just to get the magazine. I understand that NAPP members receive a host of other member benefits as well, such as discounts at cooperating retailers (such as Kinkos I believe).

I know there are NAPP members on the forum and I'm sure they can fill you in on the benefits of membership, but from my limited experience of only reading the magazine, I have to say "Go for it."

If there is a Barnes and Noble Bookseller in your area, go check and see it they carry PS User. I think the new issue should be coming out pretty soon.

~Dub

dubya,

Thanks for the input. I have never even seen the magazine so you are one upon me. If you say it's good then I have hope. I will definately look for it at B&N just to see one before I join NAPP. Unfortunately, $99 would be tight for me too when I have so many other PS related things I need to get. But, bottom line, I'll spend almost anything reasonable to get more knowledge about this passion I now have. [honesty]

L

Lee, another benefit of NAPP is that they do have some good discounts. Not always what you need or want, but they have new ones all the time. And I've found their Help Desk very responsive.

I've bought their mag from Chapters Book Stores also.
It's a quarterly mag, so it's not on the shelf long once it's printed. Keep your eyes peeled for it.

Mark,

Dubya was saying that it came out 8 times a year . You said quarterly. If it only comes out four times a year then paying the $12 +/- dollars at the book store (assuming you can find one) would be a cheaper way to get the mag. Quarterly means $25/issue. Are you sure it's only quarterly?

L

theKeeper said:
I've bought their mag from Chapters Book Stores also.
Thank for the info Mark. I have to keep my opens open the next time I visit them ;)

Back