What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nasa Collage

Kodie

Working on developing collages. Here are 2 I recently completed of photos taken at the Air & Space Museum in D.C. Comments welcomed

Attachments

• astronaut3.jpg
    astronaut3.jpg
    385.7 KB · Views: 0
  • gemini.jpg
    gemini.jpg
    452.8 KB · Views: 1
Welcome to PS Gurus Kodie.

Are these your photographs or have you altered each by adding text? That alone would not make the photo a collage -- by definition. Am I missing something? What's your goal?

These are my photos taken at the Smithsonian. I combined/blended photos together of the astronaut, the lander and the space capsule and added text to each one. This is my first venture in blending photos together and I want to see if I am on track in the procedure I am using. I have a project coming up that will incorporate my using blended photos.

How about trying to cut out the spacemen via pen tool or quick mask, put a soft edge to them or even blur out slightly, then place in your other images.
Just an idea?

I was trying to imagine what the original source photos may have looked like....

For instance in image 1, you could do without the cloud mural background behind the lander and superimpose something else. The sign borad on the far right -- is it part of the lander image? You could taken that out as well as the man below it and eased in the astronaut into its place.

my 2 cents....

I think these look great. They look like the could be on the cover of a brochure for these museums. Like Paul said, if you're going for a full-on "space" collage, you could get rid of some of the backgrounds.

But if your intent is to show the museum, don't change a thing.

Agent

Back